NUTRITION IN PLANTS AND ANIMALS
The article NUTRITION IN PLANTS AND ANIMALS is abstract from the life process. The article contains all about detailed study about NUTRITION IN PLANTS AND ANIMALS.
What is Nutrition?
In this process , organisms obtain food from their surroundings and utilize it to generate energy.
Types Of Nutrients
- Protein- Proteins are the building blocks the organisms. They help in the repair of the damage tissues
- Carbohydrate- They are the basic energy providing molecules.
- Fats- they provide enormous amount of the energy as compare to the carbohydrates.
- Vitamins & Minerals- they provides immunity to the organism.
Mode Of Nutrition
It is a kind of nutrition in which organism prepare their own food is termed as autotrophic nutrition.
Those organism who performs autotrophic type of nutrition called as autotrophs.
Types Of Autotrophic Nutrition-
- Photo-autotrophic Nutrition- In this type of nutrition organism prepare their own food through sunlight energy.and the organism are are known as Photo-autotrophs.
Example – Green Plants and Algae.
- Chemo- Autotrophic Nutrition- In this type of nutrition organisms prepare their own food through chemical energy and the organism are are known as Chemo- autotrophs.
Example- some group of Bacteria
In this type of nutrition organism are not able to make their own food and depends on other organisms for its food. The organism are called as Heterotrophs.
Types Of Heterotrophic Nutrition-
- Parasitic Nutrition-In this type of nutrition organism fulfill their requirement through living hosts. There are two types of Parasites
- External parasite-
Ex. – Mosquito, leech
- Internal parasite-
Ex. – Ascaris , plasmodium
- External parasite-
- Saprophytic Nutrition- In this type of nutrition organism fulfill their food requirement through Dead and decayed organic substance. Example- Fungus and Certain Bacteria.
- Holozoic Nutrition- In this type of nutrition organism takes complex food substance and convert it into simple and soluble form to generate energy and fulfill the requirements of energy. Example – Amoeba , Human Beings..
Nutrition In Plants
The process in which green plants prepare their own food with the help of inorganic substance in the presence of sunlight inside the chlorophyll , is called as photosynthesis.
➡ CO2 + H2O ———–> C6 H12 O6 + O2
Events Of Photosynthesis-
The following events occur during Photosynthesis-
- Absorption of energy light by chlorophyll .
- Conversation of light energy to chemical energy and spiriting of water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen.
- Reduction of CO2 to carbohydrate.
- Stomata are the tiny pores on the surface of the leaves .
- they helps in process of transpiration.
- The opening and closing of the stomatal pores is regulated by guard cells.
Nutrition In Animals
Nutrition In Amoeba-
Amoeba is unicellular and Eukaryotic organism, which lives inside the water.
Amoeba perform Holozoic type of nutrition.
- Ingestion – Amoeba takes in food using pseudopodia of the cell surface which fuse over the food particle and forming the food vacuole.
- Digestion – It takes place inside the food vacuole. Here the complex food substance are broken into simple pieces.
- Absorption- Than nutrient present in food vacuole diffuse into the cytoplasm.
- Assimilation- These Nutrient will reach to their targeted cell organells for biosynthesis.
- Excretion – The remaining undigested material is moved to the surface of cell and thrown out.
So this is all about nutrition in plants and animals if you like it please share your views with us and kindly comment below and subscribe us via email.thank you and stay healthy.
NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENT DURING PREGNANCY
Role of Community Medicine in Homoeopathy
Leucorrhea Causes Symptoms and Treatment
DEPRESSION TYPES SIGN SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT
Like us and Follow us on facebook-
Healthy Life Tips